FOO FIGHTERS: Shiflett Has New Solo Album and Tour
Chris Shiflett of Foo Fighters will release his third solo album on April 14th.
The guitarist, who leans Americana on his own recordings, posted the single and title track from West Coast Town today on Soundcloud via Rolling Stone. He recorded the album in Nashville with Dave Cobb, who produces Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson. He tells the magazine that the song "West Coast Town" is about growing up in Santa Barbara, California.
Shiflett will also tour the West Coast plus New York and Nashville in the run-up to the album's release. The 12 dates start March 21st in Portland, Oregon.
- 3/21 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Lounge
- 3/22 - Seattle, WA - Sunset Tavern
- 3/24 - Spokane, WA - The Big Dipper
- 3/26 - Missoula, MT - Missoula Winery
- 3/27 - Bozeman, MT - The Eagles Ballroom
- 3/28 - Ketchum, ID - Whiskey Jacques
- 3/30 - Pioneertown, CA - Pappy and Harriet's Pioneertown Palace
- 3/31 - Flagstaff, AZ - Museum Club
- 4/2 - Los Angeles, CA - Resident
- 4/3 - San Diego, CA - Casbah
- 4/6 - New York, NY - Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 2
- 4/9 - Nashville, TN - The High Watt
BLINK 182: Live Like Travis
If you've ever wanted to live like a member of Blink 182 -- and happen to have a few million lying around -- we've got just the deal for you.
Drummer Travis Barker has put his California home on the market for $4.75 million. The house, which was custom built for Barker in 2014, is in the Cheviot Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles.
The listing for it says, "Stunning, innovative architectural showpiece features ultra high-end finishes and ingenious touches throughout. A soaring, loft-like living room with 13-foot ceilings, and 10-foot panes of glass brings natural light and all the beauty of the elegantly landscaped grounds in. A retractable Fleetwood wall of glass, and a kitchen island that extends to the outdoor patio seamlessly creating that wonderful indoor-outdoor experience."
Oh, and it comes with a pool.
ZAKK WYLDE: Sabbath Tribute Returns to the Road
Zakk Wylde will take his Black Sabbath tribute band, Zakk Sabbath, back on the road this spring.
The three-week tour starts in New York on May 19th and wraps up in San Francisco on June 10th. Tickets go on sale Saturday. Wylde is joined in Zakk Sabbath by bassist Blasko, who plays in Ozzy Osbourne's solo band, and ex-Queens of the Stone Age drummer Joey Castillo.
- 5/19 - New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre
- 5/20 - Camden, NJ - BB&T Pavilion
- 5/21 - Columbus, OH - Rock on the Range
- 5/23 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
- 5/25 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live Studio
- 5/26 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill
- 5/27 - Pryor, OK - Rocklahoma
- 5/28 - St. Louis, MO - Fubar
- 5/30 - Nashville, TN - Exit/In
- 5/31 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
- 6/2 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
- 6/4 - Denver, CO - Marquis Theater
- 6/6 - Spokane, WA - The Pin
- 6/7 - Seattle, WA - The Crocodile
- 6/8 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
- 6/10 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
NICKELBACK: The Machine Is Back
Nickelback have named their ninth album Feed the Machine.
It's due out on June 9th, and the title track is streaming now on YouTube.
The band has also announced a North American tour that starts on June 23rd in Noblesville, Indiana and wraps up on 1st in Vancouver. Daughtry and Shaman's Harvest will open most of the dates, though Cheap Trick replaces Daughtry for the last five dates. Tickets for most of the shows go on sale on February 11th.
- 6/23 - Noblesville, IN - Klipsch Music Center
- 6/24 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
- 6/27 - Toronto, ON (Can) - Budweiser Stage
- 6/29 - Montreal, QC (Can) - Bell Centre
- 7/1 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theater
- 7/2 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
- 7/4 - Virginia Beach, VA - Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater
- 7/7 - Bangor, ME - Darling's Waterfront Pavilion
- 7/8 - Manfield, MA - Xfinity Center
- 7/10 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- 7/12 - Darien Center, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
- 7/20 - Monticello, IA - Great Jones County Fair
- 7/21 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center
- 7/23 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre
- 7/25 - Maryland Heights, MO - Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- 7/28 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- 7/29 - Dallas, TX - Starplex Pavilion
- 8/1 - Tampa, FL - MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheater
- 8/2 - Alpharetta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 8/4 - Camden, NJ - BB&T Pavilion
- 8/5 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium
- 8/7 - Burgettstown, PA - KeyBank Pavilion
- 8/9 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
- 8/11 - Des Moines, IA - Iowa State Fair Grandstand
- 8/12 - Chicago, IL - Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- 8/14 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Blossom Music Center
- 8/24 - St. Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair
- 8/26 - Bismarck, ND - Bismarck Event Center
- 8/27 - Billings, MT - Rimrock Auto Arena at Metrapark
- 8/29 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
- 8/30 - Portland, OR - Sunlight Supply Amphitheater
- 9/1 - Puyallup, WA - Washington State Fair
- 9/3 - Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 9/6 - Wheatland, CA - Toyota Amphitheatre
- 9/8 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre
- 9/9 - Phoenix, AZ - Ak-Chin Pavilion
- 9/12 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 9/14 - Albuquerque, NM - Isleta Amphitheater
- 9/16 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
- 9/21 - Winnipeg, MB (Can) - MTS Centre
- 9/23 - Saskatoon, SK (Can) - Sasktel Sports Centre
- 9/26 - Calgary, AB (Can) - Scotiabank Saddledome
- 9/28 - Edmonton, AB (Can) - Rogers Place
- 10/1 - Vancouver, BC (Can) - Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
VIDEO: A 1000 People Have the "Spirit"
That massive grouping of Italian musicians, Rockin' 1000, have created another video.
This time they tackled the Nirvana classic "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Check it out on YouTube.
HIGHLY SUSPECT: Spring Tour Announced
Highly Suspect have announced a spring tour.
It kicks off on March 31st in Minneapolis and wraps up on June 3rd in in Los Angeles, and is a mix of headlining dates and previously announced festival appearances. Tickets for some shows are on sale already, with the bulk of the dates on sale Friday.
- 3/31 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
- 4/1 - Omaha, NE - Slowdown
- 4/4 - Des Moines, IA - Wooley's
- 4/6-7 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
- 4/8 - Colorado Springs, CO - Black Sheep
- 4/11 - Kansas City, MO - RecordBar
- 4/13 - Fayetteville, AR - George's
- 4/14 - Dallas, TX - South Side Music Hall
- 4/18 - Huntsville, AL - Sammy T's Music Hall
- 4/20 - Lexington, KY - Manchester Music Hall
- 4/21 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
- 4/22 - Cumberland, TN - Cumberland Cavern
- 4/25 - Mobile, AL - Soul Kitchen
- 4/26 - Destin, FL - Club LA
- 4/29 - Jacksonville, FL - Welcome to Rockville
- 4/30 - Fort Myers, FL - Fort Rock
- 5/4 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
- 5/5 - Charlotte, NC - Carolina Rebellion
- 5/9 - New Orleans, LA - Republic NOLA
- 5/10 - Birmingham, AL - Saturn
- 5/12 - Atlanta, GA - Shaky Knees Festival
- 5/18 - New York, NY - Webster Hall
- 5/24-25 - Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom
- 5/28 - Napa, CA - Bottlerock
- 6/1 - San Diego, CA - Music Box
- 6/2 - Pomona, CA - Glass House
- 6/3 - Los Angeles, CA - Fonda Theatre
AVENGED SEVENFOLD, GODSMACK: Headline New Vegas Fest
Avenged Sevenfold and Godsmack will headline a new hard rock festival in Las Vegas.
Las Rageous will take place in downtown Las Vegas on April 21st and April 22. Tickets go on sale Friday. The lineup for the 21st has Godsmack, Anthrax, Coheed and Cambria, Killswitch Engage and Of Mice and Men. The 22nd will feature Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Mastodon, All That Remains and Escape the Fate. More acts will be added to both days in the coming weeks.
BLACK SABBATH: Iommi Wants Peace
Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi says he wants to patch things up with the band's estranged drummer, Bill Ward.
Iommi tells Mojo, "I want to bury the hatchet. Bill seemed to feel he was getting a bad deal. We never dealt with that. We left all that to management. We just wanted to play together and enjoy it... It would have been nicer to have Bill with us, but unfortunately it never happened... At some point I wanna call him. I still love him, he's still my brother, but you have arguments."
Ward hasn't been on tour with Sabbath since 1999, and unless they mend things quickly, he won't be part of their final three shows on their The End tour -- tomorrow (Tuesday) in London, and Thursday and Saturday in their hometown of Birmingham, England.
How Does Zakk Make Those Guitars?
Zakk Wylde shows how his Wylde Audio Guitars are made in a very funny video.
Wylde explains "the birds and the bees" of making the axes in the clip, which is on YouTube now.
HALESTORM: Time to Get Aggressive
It sounds like Halestorm are going to crank up the amps to 11 on their next album.
Lzzy Hale tells Musik Universe that the collaborations she's done outside the band with Lindsey Stirling, Dream Theater and Trans-Siberian Orchestra had an impact on what she's been writing recently. She says, "It's funny, because the more I spread myself out, the more I appreciate my roots, too. It has an opposite effect. The last couple of songs that the guys and I have been jamming on, I don't want to give too much away, but we've been writing the most aggressive music we've ever written."
ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH: That Solo Band's Not Done
Even though the Guns n' Roses reunion tour is set to go through 2017, Slash is thinking ahead to his next solo effort.
Myles Kennedy, who does double duty with Slash and The Conspirators and Alter Bridge, tells Music Life that the musicians plan far ahead to work on Slash's stuff. He says, "I think I knew, as did the rest of the Conspirators, by the fall of last year about the GNR reunion. We actually had communication about a month or month and a half ago about reconvening in the next year to 18 months."
MUSE: Now We Know One of Those Festivals
Just days after saying Muse are going to headline a bunch of U.S. festivals in 2017, Matt Bellamy got more specific about one of them.
A fan asked Bellamy on Twitter if they were headed to Lollapalooza and he responded, "Yeah, I think so." Lollapalooza is set for August 3rd through the 6th at Chicago's Grant Park. Muse last performed at Lollapalooza in 2011.
AVENGED SEVENFOLD: An October Surprise
Avenged Sevenfold played trick and treat on Friday -- by sneaking their new album to fans under cover of night.
Less than a week after announcing that the set would drop in December, they switched things up on Thursday by saying The Stage would be available immediately. A7X hinted that something big was on the horizon by staging a pop-up show on the rooftop of the Capitol Records tower in Los Angeles and streaming it in 3D on their website.
The album, a conceptual set about the rise of artificial intelligence, features a guest appearance by best-selling scientist and author Neil DeGrasse Tyson, who brings a spoken-word segment to the 15-minute "Exist."
NO DOUBT, AFI: Band With Havok Has a Name
In February it was announced that the male No Doubt members had started a side band with singer Davey Havok of the punk band AFI and had already completed an album.
We spoke to Havok last week, just before AFI's announcement Friday that it will have a new album called Blood in January. He tells us the album with No Doubt is indeed done, but on the back burner for now.
"I was writing that as I was writing Blood, and touring [his other band, Blaqk Audio,'s most recent album] Material. That record will be coming out sometime, but it's there."
Havok says the new band has a name, but they haven't announced it yet.
We'll probably find out a lot more after AFI tours behind their new album.
AFI: There Will Be Blood
AFI just made a new year's resolution -- to release their first album in four years.
They've set a release date of January 20th for their 10th studio album and first since Burials in 2013. After teasing the release all week on their social media, Davey Havok and company dropped two singles, "Snow Cats" and "White Offerings," on Friday. Both are now streaming on their official website.
Havok tells us that that although the album is being referred to as self-titled, it's not actually called AFI.
"I refer to it as Blood or The Blood Album and it is what it's called. However, you're not going to see that on any of the artwork."
Havok also says they enjoyed preparing their fans' for the album announcement with cryptic leaks on their social media.
"It is really exciting to us to have the opportunity to use modern media in this way, to create visuals and sounds to draw people to what we're doing, and to draw people to the music and to the record. And to create a mood around the whole event."
The band has also added a pair of oddball tracks to its Blood playlist -- "A+" and "AB-." Like the teaser cut "O-," they both feature what sounds like Havok speaking backwards.