Persimmon Idol Entry Form
Last updated on Wednesday, September 03, 2014
Do you have what it takes to be crowned this year's Persimmon Idol?
Persimmon Idol is set to showcase singing talent from the local listening area. The winner of Persimmon Idol will take home our *GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE (see below).
This years contest will feature two age divisions: YOUTH (10-17) and ADULT (ages 18 and up).
Contestants will be required to sing during our preliminary round in order to qualify to perform on Mitchell's Main Street Stage on Saturday, September 26th from 4:30-5:30pm.
Note: You MUST fill out the entry form (at the bottom of this page) in order to participate in the preliminary round (aka auditions).
Preliminary Round Times
The following are the scheduled times for preliminary round auditions on Thursday, September 17th at the Mitchell High School Auditorium:
- Youth (ages 10-17): 5-7pm
- Adult (ages 18 and up): 7-8pm
Preliminary Round Information
During the preliminary, each contestant will be allowed a small amount of time to perform their song in front of our judges. Auditions have a closed door policy; no friends or family members will be allowed into the audition room. Those contestants chosen to perform on the Main Street Stage will then be contacted sometime after Monday, September 21st.
Main Street Stage Performances
Contestants chosen to move on to the Main Street stage will perform from 4:30-5:30pm on Saturday, September 26th following the parade. We welcome everyone out to cheer on their favorite performers. Persimmon Idol is FREE to the public to attend.
*Persimmon Idol Grand Prize Package
The Persimmon Idol winner from each division (youth and adult) will win the following GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE:
- Persimmon Idol trophy
- Z102 tee
- $100 cash prize
- Guest appearances on Homespun Edge (Fridays at 5pm)
Persimmon Idol Rules
- If singing along with music, contestant will need to provide their own music (on CD) at prelims, no vocals on track. Contestant may use and provide their own instrument for accompaniment. Acapella singing is also allowed.
- Contestants will need to provide lyrics to the song they will be performing. Please print and be prepared to present these lyrics at the preliminaries
- Maximum song length of 4 minutes
- Music/lyrics must be approved by officials before performance (no explicit language or message); discretion is up to WPHZ
- If under 18, parental consent is needed in order for contestant to perform on Main Street Stage. Waiver will be sent home at prelims. If waiver is not presented with parent or guardian signature day of performance, contestant will not perform/compete.
Persimmon Idol Entry Form
An asterisk * indicates a required field for successful submission.